Exciting news- Fully vaccinated visitors can return to visiting their loved ones at Hakea Grove. We have now reviewed the guidelines in line with our operation at Hakea Grove. Please be patient with our team. It is very busy.
Here are the guidelines:
- Visits without appointments Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm.
- Weekends and outside of visiting times by arrangement- please call 4346-0100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during office hours
- Must be aged 12 years and over AND
- have received a second dose of a COVID vaccination at least 14 days prior to their visit.
- Maximum 2 visitors per day.
- Must be in the residents room, not communal areas. Outdoor visits permitted, and walks also permitted
- Residents in double rooms will have the curtain drawn through the middle of the room.
- Outdoor visits must be pre-arranged so we can prepare.
- Outdoor walks with a resident are permitted.
- Social distancing of 1.5m still in place.
- Please do not linger in the communal areas.
- Please avoid mealtimes if possible, unless you provide essential care for meals.
- A mask to be worn at all times
- have not been to any close, casual or monitor for symptoms locations in NSW OR Victoria, Queensland, and the Australian Capital Territory OR New Zealand in the last 14 days
- Do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- are not a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their isolation period.
- Do not live in a household with a person who is currently isolating.
- are not waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
- If it is your first visit for some time we will do some infection control education with you prior to entering.
End of Life visits:
Unvaccinated Exception: Up to two unvaccinated people over 12 years of age to visit a resident for an end of life visit. They must always wear a surgical mask and the visit must be solely inside the resident’s room. A Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) will be conducted for all unvaccinated visitors attending an end of life visit.
All visitors must wear a surgical mask for their entire visit.
Prior to your visit please watch the below hygiene tutorials in keeping our residents safe:
Hand Hygiene/Hand rubbing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eq5fLzAOo
Mask application & removal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIQStFeF2ow
Please be patient whilst we adapt to our new guidelines. Please read the signs as you approach the entrance.
Chief Executive Officer | Hakea Grove Aged Care