Hakea Holdings Pty Ltd (ACN 115 473 035) (Hakea Grove) is committed to protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information (including health information).
2.0 TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information during the provision of our services or via the access of our website.
Information that we generally request include:
- personal information provided by you, including your name, address, telephone number and email address, and of your authorised representatives or nominated contacts;
- health, financial information and billing details in the event that you enter our care as a resident;
- information that we obtain about you in the course of your interaction with our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit to our website, the pages you have accessed, the links on which you have clicked and the type of browser that you were using and aggregated statistical data in respect of your use of our website.
3.0 HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Hakea Grove will endeavour to collect all information from you, but we may also collect personal information (including health information) from:
- family members or significant persons of a client or resident;
- any person or organisation that assesses health status or care requirements, for example the Aged Care Assessment Service / Team;
- the health practitioner of a client or resident;
- from other health providers or facilities;
- from a legal advisor of a client or resident.
4.0 USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information for the purposes of providing you with our care and services. Where applicable, we may use your personal information:
- to provide aged care services to you;
- to enable allied health care providers and medical practitioners to provide care and services to you;
- to provide effective health monitoring;
- to provide for feedback monitoring;
- to enable us to obtain the correct level of government funding in relation to your care;
- to enable contact with a nominated person regarding your health status;
- to lawfully liaise with a nominated representative and to contact family if requested or needed;
- to identify and inform you of any other services that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfil any of our legal requirements; or
- for other purposes permitted or referred to under any terms and conditions you enter into or otherwise agree to with respect to our services.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in any manner or purpose specified above, please contact us.
5.0 DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to allied health professionals who assist us in providing care and services, medical practitioners, external health agencies such as the ambulance service, hospitals, the Australian Department of Social Services, the Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency, Medicare and relevant State health authorities as necessary to carry out the purposes for which the information was collected.
We may not use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection, unless:
- you have consented;
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect disclosure of the information for the secondary purpose;
- the information is health information and the collection, use or disclosure is necessary for research, the compilation or analysis of statistics, relevant to public health or public safety, it is impractical to obtain consent, the use or disclosure is conducted within the privacy principles and guidelines and we reasonably believe that the recipient will not disclose the health information;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety;
- we have reason to suspect unlawful activity and use or disclose the personal information as part of our investigation of the matter or in reporting our concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to allow an enforcement body to enforce laws, protect the public revenue, prevent seriously improper conduct or prepare or conduct legal proceedings; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
We may disclose Health Information about an individual to a person who is responsible for the individual if:
- the individual is incapable of giving consent or communicating consent;
- the CEO is satisfied that either the disclosure is necessary to provide appropriate care or treatment or is made for compassionate reasons or is necessary for the purposes of undertaking a quality review of our services (and the disclosure is limited to the extent reasonable and necessary for this purpose); and
- the disclosure is not contrary to any wish previously expressed by the individual of which the service manager is aware, or of which the service manager could reasonably be expected to be aware and the disclosure is limited to the extent reasonable and necessary for providing care or treatment.
A ‘person responsible’ is a parent, a child or sibling, a spouse, a relative, a member of the individual’s household, a guardian, an enduring power of attorney, a person who has an intimate personal relationship with the individual, or a person nominated by the individual to be contacted in case of emergency, provided they are at least 18 years of age.
6.0 SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hakea Grove holds personal information in a combination of secure electronic and hard copy formats. The information we hold is stored within Australia. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information held by us is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorized, modification or disclosure.
Hakea Grove will keep information for as long as it is required to be able to provide the intended service(s) or to meet legal and regulatory requirements. We will take reasonable steps to permanently de-identify or securely destroy personal information that we no longer require for any purpose except in limited permitted circumstances.
7.0 ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to reasonable access to any information that we hold about you. To request access to your information, please contact us. At the time you make your request, we may ask that you complete relevant forms. We reserve the right to charge for providing access to certain information, as permitted by law and you will be informed of this at the time of your request. We will always endeavour to meet your request for access within a reasonable timeframe and in the manner requested by you if it is reasonable to do so.
However, in some circumstances we may decline a request for access to information such as where we no longer hold the information, or where denying access is permitted or required by law. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. If you have any concerns about the refusal, please see section 13 for further information.
8.0. ONLINE DATA COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect anonymous technical information about user activities on the website. This may include information such as the type of browser used to access the website and the pages visited.
This information is used by Hakea Grove to make decisions about maintaining and improving our websites and online services. This information remains anonymous and is not linked in any way to personal identification details.
9.0 PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
Please direct all privacy complaints to email@example.com
At all times, privacy complaints will:
- be treated seriously;
- be dealt with as promptly as possible;
- be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and us.
Our CEO or their delegate will conduct an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation.