Volunteering – making a point of difference
Our residents are at the centre of what we do. We believe keeping our residents connected with the community improves quality of life. Offering enrichment through activities and social connections.
Why Volunteer With Hakea Grove
As a Hakea Grove volunteer, you have the opportunity to interact with our inspiring residents, learning about their life stories and experiences allowing you to be forever enriched by their lives.
We encourage volunteers to share their own skills and passions with our residents, giving residents the opportunity to participate in new experiences and activities.
Hakea Grove volunteers have a choice; we don’t tell our volunteers what to do, we give you the opportunity to volunteer in a way that allows you to make the most of your hobbies and passions.
Make a difference in residents lives
As a Hakea Grove Volunteer you will be welcomed into our Hakea family, giving you the opportunity to be part of a vibrant and social community, make some new friends and experience the diverse personalities of our residents. We are seeking volunteers to join our program and share a wide variety of passions with our residents including:
- Gardening – Share your knowledge and skills to enhance and assist in the upkeep of our Hakea Courtyards
- Social Support – volunteers will be matched with residents that are socially isolated to help connect them with community
- Cooking – Run cooking demonstrations allowing residents to experience the smell and taste of new foods.
- Quilting – Produce quilts with the help of our residents for personal use or to be given as gifts.
- Knitting – With the help of our residents, volunteers are able to provide much-needed clothing or blankets for those less fortunate
- Sport – Share a passion for your favourite sports with our residents
- Music – perform or teach music to our residents, whether it be singing or instrumental.
- Animals – Support our residents and assist with pets as therapy programs
- Arts and crafts – use your skills to assist our residents in creating a wide range of masterpieces
Hakea Grove will provide all materials required for activities
- Administration Support – aid and assist with archiving, printing/collating paperwork, greeting families, assisting/directing visitors at the entrance etc
What is required of a successful volunteer applicant?
- Reliable, honest and compassionate
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Pass a complete background police check
- Provide proof of covid 19 vaccinations
- Be prepared to have an annual influenza vaccination
- Happy to complete onsite Hakea Grove training for infection control, protecting elders and privacy agreement